Friday, January 23, 2009

The Squirrel Whisperer

The other day Hannah and I were out playing at the park (yes, it's been 70 degrees here!) and I noticed she was crouching down on the ground doing something. I went over to see what she was up to and I see a squirrel about 5 feet away from her. I asked her what she was doing. Her reply- "I'm teaching the squirrel to say milk".....and then she shows me the sign language for milk. She then turned around to the squirrel, did the sign, and said "milk, milk." Hmmmmm......a possible future career? What made it even more strange is that she never uses this sign with me. We have a baby sign language book and I've done the signs with her, but she rarely uses them. Another example of the amazing things that kids pick up on.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

what a smart little girl.

Robyn said...

Hey- it never published my comment! I'll say it again "Looks like Hannah takes after her mom and dad- not because she talks to animals but because she is a smarty pants!"

Heidi said...

...she must take after mom with the whole talking to animals thing.