I have some serious catching up to do. The last month has been pretty crazy- from Boise to New York, Tahoe, Blackfoot, and then Denver- we've been living out of suitcases and Hannah's been crammed into a pac 'n play. So here's an attempt, probably not chronological, to post about what we've been up to:"Sabayon" of Pearl Tapioca with Island Creek Oysters and Sterling White Sturgeon Caviar
Golden Beet "Cannelloni", Heirloom Beets, Watercress Leaves and Juniper Berry "Gastrique"
"Blueberries and Popcorn"
Cornmeal "Financier," Candied Popcorn, Blueberry Parfait, Lemon Verbena Gelee and Popcorn Sorbet
Needless to say, after the 9+ courses and endless chocolates and truffles, we decided to rent bikes and ride around Central Park so that we would have room for the other places we wanted to eat at. We also enjoyed our meals at Jean-Georges, Caracas Arepas Bar, Grimaldi's, and Max Brenner for the most delicous milk chocolate milk shakes. Besides all of the eating, we went to Ellis Island, saw The Lion King, watched the opening night gala at the Metropolitan Opera on huge screens in times square (nothing like opera mixed with the sounds of cars and sirens), and went to the Tenement Museum and MOMA. All in all a great trip.
You don't need a permit to hunt for this kind of elk!
3 comments:
Hey I just got back from a trip to NYC with some friends! We also went to Grimaldi's - yummy! Those other resaurants sound amazing! Are you in Denver yet?
So...this is embarrassing to admit, but it took me the longest time to figure out why there was a picture of ketchup in this post. I was thinking that nothing in your post talked about ketchup and I was really confused. Then it just clicked and I felt dumb.
Glad y'all are in Denver and can unpack your suitcases. Hannah is so cute...you're not biased at all about the cute things she says-I especially like the little quip about getting an ice cream if you're a good mommy. Kadence has said something similar but it's if I'm a good listener (instead of a good mommy). Hope y'all are feeling settled in!
Post a Comment