
So tonight was the night- the night that Hannah and I had to say goodbye to her binkies (she has 6 of them that she always sleeps with)..... I had been telling her for a few months that when we moved to Denver that she was going to throw her binkies away. She seemed fine with it and would respond by saying that her friend Sabrina threw away her binkies too. So right before it was time to go to bed I had her go in and get all of them out of her bed and carry them outside to the trash chute down the hall. I was surprised that she was so excited to do this. She grabbed them all and then practically ran down the hall saying "I'm going to put my binkies in the trash. I'm a big girl." The funniest thing was that before she would throw them in, she had to suck on each one, one last time. When she was done she said "Hooray!" And then when it was time for bed I said to her "Now that you don't have your binkies to sleep with anymore, you get a sippy cup of water!" When I was in the kitchen filling it up I could hear her saying "Hooray! I get a sippy now!" All of my worries were for nothing. She probably could have done without those binkies months ago!

6 comments:
Hooray! That is wonderful news! While I was in NYC - Wes took Sarah's passos away - cold turkey. I couldn't believe it because I totally thought we were in for the long haul. Don't tell Wes but I kind of miss them :-)
I love that is says "rubbish." Hannah is so funny. I'm glad she's happy to get a sippy cup in bed. Is she still taking naps?
Where are the pictures of your new fancy apartment?????
Hi Brooke! Great picture... so glad it says RUBBISH on the trash chute! Perfect. Sounds like you have been having fun. How is your new place? I miss you!
Good for you and Hannah, definitely an important step in the domestication process... :)
Post a Comment