Sunday, May 17, 2009

Farmer's Market

This weekend we headed downtown to go to the farmer's market. It's a great market with lots of samples to try, arts and crafts to see, fresh baked bread, and produce to buy. Near the end there is a large fountain for kids to play in and there was a "high country band" playing some mountain-type music. It typically gets pretty crowded so we got there right when it opened. About halfway through we picked up some of these delicious doughnuts. They are so light and fluffy and have a yummy vanilla flavor. As you can see, Hannah likes them too!

Before doughnuts

After doughnuts

After enjoying the beautiful weather as we walked along the market, we headed over to the MK Nature Center where you can see lots of fish, birds, and plants. They have a little indoor museum where there are projects for kids to do and they can get up close with the animals:


4 comments:

Heidi said...

I had to do a huge project on the MK Nature Center for AP English. I pretty much know everything there is to know about it. Looks like a fun day...especially the doughnut part!

Juliagullia said...

Too cute! I love the last picture but I can't tell which ferocious beast is Hannah. She is darling as ever.

Robyn said...

I am sad when I don't have doughuts, too. Looks like we have a third generation foodie on our hands!

Wendy said...

Hannah is wearing the cutest outfit ever! I wish I could dress like her...the headband makes it all complete! When can we chat? Talk to you soon!