Wednesday, March 18, 2009

our lucky day

When Hannah woke up she discovered that a leprechaun had been to our house! She followed the green footprints around the kitchen and into the family room. When there were no more footprints, she looked under the blanket that they led to and found a special St. Patrick's Day book he left for her. It was pretty funny because when I told her to follow the footprints she was a little scared (thinking the leprechaun was real) and was scared to lift up the blanket because she thought he was hiding under there. But after realizing he gave her a present, she spent the rest of the day asking where the leprechaun was and saying that he was so nice. Then we had Lucky Charms for breakfast. Hannah had 3 bowls! She especially loved the marshmallows and picked out the moons and rainbows to eat first.

After playing at the park with a friend (yeah for 70 degree weather) we went to Duffeyroll for delicious cinnamon rolls. They're flaky like croissants and very delicious. Hannah had the kind with green sprinkles and I chose Pecanilla Crunch. Yum.


Our day got very lucky when we stopped by Einstein Bagels to get some green bagels. I ordered 3 and the man helping me put 12 in and said they were free! So for dinner we had green bagels and green eggs and ham (eggs with chives and bacon).

4 comments:

Robyn said...

What a fun idea! I asked Zach if he wanted green scrambled eggs for breakfast and he said NO so that was the end of our St. Patrick's fun.

Anonymous said...

I love her hat. I've never had green bagels before. Sounds good though. She is getting so big. Can't wait to take you guys to Disneyland.

Heidi said...

Good thing you didn't have to pay for all those moldy bagels! Sounds like a really fun day for Hannah and her boyfriend ;)

Juliagullia said...

Hannah is such a doll! You always have such creative ideas. I can't let the girls see your blog anymore, they will be J.E.A.L.O.U.S. of all the fun and creative things you do with and for Hannah. YOU are the perfect mom!