While we were living in Tokyo a few years ago Ryan convinced me to go to a restaurant that only serves tofu. It took some convincing when he told me that you basically just get a tray full of tofu prepared lots of different ways. I was skeptical. The picture above is what came to our table- including the tofu milk (my least favorite thing) and some tofu ice cream (actually really good). I think that my favorite dish was the deep fried kind called agedashi (bottom right-hand corner). Deep fried = tasty. So this is my plug for tofu. I didn't like it at first- I think that I just had to get over the idea that I had in my head that it would be gross, bland, and slimy. If you need some convincing you could always hop on a plane to Japan and taste the good stuff.Sunday, July 20, 2008
Tofu Tasting
While we were living in Tokyo a few years ago Ryan convinced me to go to a restaurant that only serves tofu. It took some convincing when he told me that you basically just get a tray full of tofu prepared lots of different ways. I was skeptical. The picture above is what came to our table- including the tofu milk (my least favorite thing) and some tofu ice cream (actually really good). I think that my favorite dish was the deep fried kind called agedashi (bottom right-hand corner). Deep fried = tasty. So this is my plug for tofu. I didn't like it at first- I think that I just had to get over the idea that I had in my head that it would be gross, bland, and slimy. If you need some convincing you could always hop on a plane to Japan and taste the good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment