*this recipe comes from Cupcakes! by the Cake Doctor
Cinnamon Toast Cupcakes (makes 20 or so)
1 pkg (18.25 oz) plain yellow cake mix
1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 1/4 cups whole milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs [jumbo]
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar
Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pans with liners. Place all ingredients except cinnamon sugar in mixing bowl and blend with wire whip until mixed. Use electric mixer on medium for two more minutes. Fill each cup 3/4 full (1/3 cup+) and sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar. Place pans side by side in oven. Bake 18-22 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely. NOTE: If using non-stick or dark colored pans, lower oven temp to 325 and bake the full 22 minutes. Don't overbake.
Caramel Pan Frosting
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter [salted]
2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat until butter is almost melted. Add brown sugar and stir with wooden spoon until mixture is smooth and bubbly, 3+ minutes. Cook, stirring for 1 more minute. Add the cream (room temp is best) and stir until mixture returns to slow boil and is thickened and shiny. Remove from heat and stir in confectioner's sugar. Then stir in vanilla. Remove to a mixing bowl and use beaters to mix frosting until smooth and creamy. Spoon over cupcakes while frosting is still warm.
3 comments:
From personal experience :-) those cupcakes are delicious!!! Thanks for the treat!
We will definately be making these soon- I forgot how yummy they are! Nice picture, too!
Yeah, I remember when you made these and I think I had about 4 of them in a span of probably 5 minutes. That is how much I liked them.
Post a Comment