Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vacation Part 3

This past week I went down to Utah to make this wedding cake for my brother-in-law's sister. Hannah got to go spend some time with her grandparents in Blackfoot while I was gone. It was only my second time doing a fondant cake, and I was really happy with how it turned out. But more important...it tasted really good.


lemon-buttermilk cake with homeade lemon curd, and a layer of cheesecake filling and strawberries

chocolate cake with a layer of fudge and cheesecake filling

a fresh carrot from Grandma's garden

you can't go to Blackfoot without a stop here

with the big potato

with big Martha

going for a ride

helping Grandma with her flowers

Is this a special door for kids?

rootbeer ice cream at Rupe's

Blackfoot has lots of fun places for kids!

back in Boise, and put to work already

6 comments:

Lyssa said...

That cake looks amazing! It is a rare thing in a cake to have looks and taste. Bravo!

Teri said...

Oh, Martha. That cake looks so good and I don't even really like cake. Beautiful job!

Jennie said...

That cake looks incredible!! I want to get married again just so you can make me a cake like that. Looks and sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

You inspire me!!! I can't believe how incredibly talented you are. I miss having you around to bake me yummy treats. I love Hannah with Big Martha!!!

Jen and Emma said...

Man Brooke! What a beautiful cake! I'm thinking I know who I want to make my wedding cake. Seems like a buisness in the making???

Wendy Moreno said...

What a great cake! You need to post the recipe. It looks delicious.