
We love these buttermilk tea cakes from Martino's in Burbank. I've got to figure out how to make them. I've checked all over the internet but none of the recipes seem to be right. I've tried to be super sneaky by calling the bakery and asking about the ingredients, but they'll really only say that there's buttermilk, some flour, sugar, and eggs. They keep the recipe under lock and key and I've heard that only a few people know the complete recipe- everyone else that works there just knows a few things. You'd think this was some top secret government project- nope, just tea cakes. But they are so good!
3 comments:
YUM! I remember when we bought 2 dozen of them...and ate them all! They sound really good right now. Now I will have to make a treat tonight to satisfy my craving. Oh Well...who doesn't like treats?
I recently tried a buttermilk cake recipe - maybe you could just play around with the sugar amounts.
They were goooood!!!
Post a Comment