Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No More Pie Please

So I decided to get crazy and skip making a pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving. Since it was me who did the planning, me who did the shopping, and me who did the cooking (except for the rolls which my sister made), I decided to make what I wanted to make. I don't like stuffing and I don't like cranberry sauce so those were both crossed off the menu. Pumpkin pie was also off. Well, you may be wondering "What did those Scoville's eat on Thanksgiving?"

Spice cake with pumpkin creme frosting


Sounds fancy, but it's just spice cake from a box frosted with a container of pumpkin yogurt and a container of cool-whip.
We also had some delicious mashed potatoes. I added a fresh yam to the boiling potatoes. The result was beautiful light orange mashed potatoes to add color to the normally beige holiday meal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so tasty! I had a slice of double lemon pie from Marie Callendars and it was so delicious. My sister always wants to have a mexican feast for Thanksgiving. I guess turkey every year is boring.

mommaT said...

I didn't realize that they made pumpkin yogurt. I'll have to see if I can find some. The cake looks very yummy.
MommaT